Prior to every November election, the League of Women Voters of Bloomington-Monroe County asks area candidates a series of questions to allow for a comparison of their views and positions. This year's questions include:
- What are your qualifications for the office you are seeking?
- What are your top three priorities for your office and, if elected, how will you address them?
- What services for individuals, families, and groups experiencing crisis and trauma do you feel are most critical to support and fund?
Although the candidates’ responses have traditionally been published as Keys to the Candidates, a special section of the Bloomington Herald-Times, only selected responses appear in the October 11 print edition this year, with the remainder available at H-T Online.
Thanks to the Library's partnership with the League, however, you can read the complete Keys to the Candidates right here—see them below, listed by office.
Along with the questions, candidates are asked to affirm that they will adhere to the League of Women Voters’ Code of Fair Campaign Practices.
- Monroe County Auditor
- Monroe County Commissioner, District 2
- Monroe County Commissioner, District 3
- Monroe County Coroner
- Monroe County Council at-large
- Monroe County Surveyor
- Monroe County Treasurer
- Indiana House of Representatives, District 46
- Indiana House of Representatives, District 60
- MCCSC Board, District 2
- MCCSC Board, District 4
- MCCSC Board, District 6